Far Cry 5
SPARK THE FIRES OF RESISTANCE AGAINST A FANATIC CULT
- Stranded in hostile territory, find strength in the community around you to lead a resistance against a cult taking over Hope County, Montana.
- Meet a lot of memorable characters including Mary May, local saloon owner; Nick Rye, family man and plane enthusiast; and Pastor Jerome, a preacher whose flock has been led astray.
- Recruit Guns for Hire and leverage the special skills of up to 2 at a time to turn the tables on The Project at Eden’s Gate.
- Command specialized Fangs For Hire, animals you can control to support any playstyle.
- Ally with a Friend For Hire to take down the cult in a two-player co-op experience that extends across the full campaign.
CARVE YOUR OWN PATH
- The freedom to go in any direction – you decide the when, the where, and the how.
- From the moment you enter Hope County you have the freedom to tackle the world in any order you choose.
- For the first time in Far Cry, you are the hero of the story – choose your own avatar and customize your character.
- Create insane and unique Far Cry experiences with the Map editor, to enjoy with or against your friends!
A WORLD THAT EVOLVES
Play your way against Joseph Seed and his fanatical followers in a dynamic open world that adapts and reacts to the choices you make.
- The Resistance Meter evolves the world in meaningful ways as you progress; every action you take moves your story forward.
- Disrupt the cult’s doomsday preparations to draw The Heralds into epic showdowns in the open world.
- Your choices affect the world as new gameplay opportunities arise from the chaos.
- Tear up the countryside in iconic American vehicles you can make your own; from muscle cars to big rigs, from ATVs to tractors.
- Commandeer a plane to engage cult forces in an epic aerial dogfight or bombing run.
- Discover the natural riches of the Montana wilderness as you hunt, fish, and explore every inch.
Microsoft’s excellent Xbox One sees the popular Far Cry series returning to its disc drives with the addition of Far Cry 5. Entertaining and thrilling fans since 2004, Far Cry has become one of the most popular first-person action franchises ever released. Here, with Far Cry 5, developer Ubisoft has crafted what is sure to be the best iteration yet. Designed in a similar vein to all previous Far Cry titles, Far Cry 5 asks gamers to traverse the idyllic open world of Hope County in Montana. Here, players will also get to create the character of their dreams with a new customisation hub. This new feature lends a different dynamic to the series with gamers being able to fully create a character that best suits them. Items that can be changed include skin tone and gender among others.
The Far Cry 5 experience begins as soon as gamers load up the game initially. As players enter the huge world of Hope County for the first time, they are met with no expectation or directional markers – this is a game that requires thought without being spoon-fed the results. Exploring the world entirely on their own sounds like an intriguing prospect and something that fans will no doubt love.
A new recruitment system called Guns for Hire is another innovative addition that promises to be an exciting upgrade. In this new feature, players will be able to examine and recruit locals to join their cause – more on that later. Each local has their own different characteristics, strengths and weaknesses and can refuse to join the fight if their conditions aren’t met. An extra feature is Fangs for Hire, first seen in the spin-off, Far Cry Primal. In a similar vein to Guns for Hire, Fangs allows gamers to tame a variety of wild animals that will then follow directions when commanded.
A new fishing mechanic has also been introduced as a side activity for players and Far Cry 5 will see the biggest range of vehicles and weapons ever produced for the series. Whether you wish to fly, drive or sail, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in Hope County. Looking at the story, it’s clear that Ubisoft has poured a lot of resources into creating a memorable campaign that can be played solo or co-operatively. Gamers take on the role of a member of the Sheriff’s Department in Hope County who is then sent to arrest a preacher known as Joseph Seed. As the game progresses, it’s clear that Joseph isn’t exactly who he first seems to be and is actually the leader of a doomsday cult known as Eden’s Gate. The overall objective of the game is to put an end to Joseph and the Eden’s Gate regime once and for all. Far Cry 5 promises to be another great addition to the popular series and with the performance capabilities of Microsoft’s Xbox One, it’s sure to be a fluid and graphically stunning game too.
Far Cry 5 FAQs
Can you play Co Op?
Yes. Publisher Ubisoft has confirmed that Far Cry 5's entire campaign can be played in co-op mode. This includes online co-op rather than just local too.
What new features have been introduced to Far Cry 5?
For the first time in the series, players can fully customise and alter their character. You can play as either a man or a woman and choose your race, giving the new game a greater sense of depth than its predecessors. New weapons like a baseball bat have also been introduced.
Will Far Cry 5 be a multi-player game?
Far Cry 5 will offer gamers a multi-player/co-operative game mode that means the entire campaign can be played with friends locally and online with others around the world.
Can you play online with others?
Yes. The new co-operative system means you can play the entire campaign with people online and across the world.
Where is Far Cry 5 set?
Far Cry 5 is set in the fictional town of Hope County, Montana and once there, players take on the role of a Sheriff's deputy and are forced to tackle an extreme religious cult.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!