Take a road trip with a difference through eastern Europe. Set during the fall of communism, this unique driving simulator takes you on the open road in a fictional Laika 601 Deluxe reminiscent of the much-maligned East German “Trabbie”. Jalopy is still in the Early Access programme although new territories have been added in recent months including Hungary, Yugoslavia and Bulgaria which make this simulator truly expansive.
With each new territory developer Greg Pryjmachuk has added subtleties that make you feel like you’re in a different country, look out for different branding on products and different types of food. Greg was part of the development team for the F1 franchise but this new project is a far cry from the high-performance vehicles on the Grand Prix circuit. You will need to lavish love and care as well as your precious marks to complete this ambitious and memorable journey.
Territories to explore:
Yugoslavia, Hungary, Bulgaria and Turkey
- Various road conditions, oil spillages and pot holes are just some of the new environmental details which add to Jalopy’s realism
- An entirely new tyre system added – players can now better prepare for their trips, with off-road tyres and wet weather tyres affecting grip levels
- New music from musician Jeremy Warmsley which can be played on the car radio
- Authentic license plates
- New odometer keeps track of the miles you have travelled
- New spray paints available from the Laika dealership to customise both inside and outside of your car
- Car manual has been overhauled to improve functionality – check the weight limit of your car to improve your Laika’s performance
- Scavenging game mechanic has been expanded so that abandoned card spawn more dynamically so eagle-eyed drivers such as yourself can be the first to spot valuable parts
- New scrapyards added to selected routes – search for spare parts if you can crack the gate
- Games menu remembers saved game and creates a background matching the new area to explore and remind you where you are on your journey
- Listen to new tracks from musician Jeremy Warmsley on the radio or select from the playlist
OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (64 bit)
Processor: Intel Core i3 2GHz or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB system memory
Graphics: Dedicated graphics card with 1 GB memory
Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
Other: DirectX version 9.0; broadband connection and Steam account required
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!